Our family business, with its family traditions, is strongly focussed on the future and does everything within its power to guarantee continuity for both customers and employees. The values we implement were first introduced by our founders, Jan and Ine Opmeer, in 1969. They succeeded in becoming a well-known and dependable name in The Hague and its surrounding areas through hard work, and by being involved with their customers. Opmeer’s growth was constantly innovative, year after year. We have grown into a large national supplier of offline and online communication solutions.
Jan and Ine Opmeer started in a garage in the centre of The Hague. One year later they moved to the Marconistraat, where the company developed into a business with 25 employees. Both sons joined the business, Boy in 1979 and Tony in 1986. Boy (25) and Tony (21) were unexpectedly forced to take charge of the business after their father Jan Opmeer’s sudden death in 1987 at the age of 53. Fortunately, they still had the help of their mother, Ine.
The company moved to new premises at the Kerketuinenweg in 1990, and in the years that followed, the building expanded from 1500 m2 to 2500 m2. The building next door was purchased in 2009 and added to the existing building, resulting in the continued growth of the company to its current size of 4900 m2.